First Baptist Church
Founded in 1889
The original founding members met in an old building near Cheetham Commentary. Then in 1905 a Church building was built as a community Project Named Zion Baptist Church that also doubled as a School in 1912. Later was abandon and sold in land sale in 1941. Later that in year 1941 Church members was able to buy the old building Back and Move it to the present location and renamed First Baptist Church Sheridan where it is still the sanctuary. Over the years classrooms were built on both sides, Baptism pool, (Baptism Were done in Blakley Lake for almost 70 years) and a fellowship hall on the back connected by a breezeway. Through the year there has always been God’s Christian Children Worshiping in the building lead by the Holy Spirit. Praise be to the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit!!!